Our work is often featured in the local media outlets, as well as local, state-wide, and national Alliance and physician publications. Here are links to these features. Thank you for your support!
- The Kent County Medical Society publishes a quarterly bulletin that is mailed to its members, and is also available online at: KCMS Bulletin. A few pages of the bulletin are dedicated to sharing KCMSA’s activities and upcoming events. Check out the Alliance Heartbeat section in the bulletin.
- Boots and Bourbon November 7, 2018, WGVU Morning Show with Shelley Irwin
- Opioid awareness forum for parents Wednesday, May 2, 2017, WoodTV8
- Kent County Medical Society Alliance, May 1, 2017, WGVU Morning Show with Shelley Irwin
- “Health Forum to Tackle Opioid Crisis,” April 27, 2017, School News Network
- Opioid Awareness for Parents, April 20, 2017, Fox 17 News
- “Family Promise and YWCA program recipients of this year’s Medical Society Alliance grants,” February 5, 2016, MLive – Grand Rapids.
- At the YWCA’s 2015 annual Tribute Awards, Andrea Haidle, one of our long-standing active members, was awarded the Community Service Award. Learn about Andrea’s achievements here.
- “Charity Ball honors local non-profits,” EightWest, February 3, 2015.
- “Ele’s Place, Baxter Community Center chosen for Charity Ball,” EightWest, January 23, 2015.
2018 AMA ALLIANCE
- Health Awareness Promotion (HAP) Award, National Initiative, Opioid Misuse Prevention for our health forum, “Opioid Awareness for Parents and Guardians”
- Health Awareness Promotion (HAP) Award, Fundraising “Dose of Generosity”
- Social Media Award, “Opioid Awareness Social Media Campaign”
2016 AMA ALLIANCE
- Health Awareness Promotion (HAP) Award, Fundraising, “A Dose of Generosity”
- Social Media Awards, Community Outreach, “The Thank You Campaign”
2015 AMA ALLIANCE
- Health Awareness Promotion (HAP) Award, Fundraising, “Children’s Charity Ball”
- Legislative Education and Awareness Promotion (LEAP) Award, “Immunization Conference”
Recommended Publications for Members
- The AMA Alliance has several publications they produce: Physician Family magazine, Alliance in Motion, and the AMA Alliance Link.